Page no: M12
The media library quick edit is the first of our media improvements and maybe the most important one.
|Media Quick Edit part of WP Pro
|Media Library Quick Edit
Media Quick Edit as New Function WP Pro Wizard
The initial requirement was to improve the quick edit from Media Library Assistant with more attributes. Then we realized that the code was too complicated and that we better create a quick edit function on our own. The result was not a quick edit as we know. But you created something completely new and beautiful, what I called Media Wizard.
Still this media wizard is associated with Quick Edit. But we better add a new function Media Wizard, that should a new function inside the media menu.
- The Media Library Assistant is also a plugin, so I cannot understand the point 1) “To make a plugin, WordPress must have a filter”.
- So why can’t we create something completely new? I know, “something new” has a cost.
But why say “something new” is impossible?
- Apparently the question is about how to hook into the quick edit, which is maybe not the right choice. Because already now we created something new, which is hooked into quick edit. But maybe we should not have hooked into quick edit.
- Something new could also be media tagger wizard.
We create a new plugin that tags the media. Here we could match the (media) title with the existing tags. We create something new and we keep the existing “hooked in” quick edit.
WP Pro Wizard as Something New
WP Pro Wizard as Something New - Click to enlarge
Media Library Quick Edit Fields
The following is the improved fields as of January 2018.
Media Quick Edit Fields NewV3
- Click to enlarge
Media Library Quick Edit: Attributes & New design
We need more information more attached duplicate images.
Needed new attributes
- Attached Post Name with Link (old),
- Publication Date of post,
- Modification Date of post
The new plugin is deployed everywhere.
- Click to enlarge
Quick Edit Images
Video Name: Media Library Quick Edit Find Images
Video Link to Trello
See more for